Music Banter - View Single Post - Worst Metal Band Ever?
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 03:06 PM   #576 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash_override View Post
Wow... Really? So you refuse to acknowledge any of Pantera's positive achievements as a metal band?
What positive achievements? You mean like when they stopped sounding like glam metal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash_override View Post
Plus I've never liked it when bands get a bad name just because of how their fans act. The music is sloppy and rowdy, you can't really expect the fans to be any different.
Maybe I should clarify: I dislike Pantera regardless of their fans. I've always found them uninteresting and middle-of-the-road and sometimes I think that's actually worse than being flat-out bad. Now, because they're such a humdrum band, I probably wouldn't take much notice of them, except that their fans are so insistent that they are one of the gods of the metal pantheon. That's where it gets annoying.

You'll note that I never said I disliked their fans for being rowdy, what I said is they are rabid. Rowdy fans are fine and fun people, good to party with, not a turnoff. Rabid fans are people who think their beloved band is the greatest thing in the universe. That's not a bad thing necessarily, but when they're claiming a band as dull as Pantera is some great piece of the heavy metal puzzle it's kind of tiring.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote