Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official OFWGKTA thread
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 12:47 AM   #71 (permalink)
Sparky
not really

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
I'm sorry if it seems harsh to you but I just listened the Earl track (I've already heard the Tyler track) and I find the rapping extremely generic. Sounds like a 16 year old kid who hasn't figured out a unique style yet, which is basically what he is. All around the world there are no doubt millions of teenagers recording generic hip hop like this in their bedrooms, I'm unclear on why this particular one has been singled out as being of interest.
dude you are naive as FUCK if you think there is a bunch of teenagers around the globe rapping like this.

Even if the subject matter is the oh so generic (seriously, "generic" is the right word to describe this?) rape fantasy, it's still done in a creative way. The flow is tight and on point, he doesn't have a whole lot of vocal dexterity, but considering he was 16 when this was released, i really can't criticize it. Most mainstream rappers don't sound nearly this good, and of course that isn't a great comparison, but i feel like it needs to be enforced.

I find the rape fantasy kinda immature, but it's pretty clear its sarcastic, and you can't generalize all the lyrics as being just that. I don't feel like copying and pasting lyrics, but just look them up yourself sometime.

i think people need to get over critiquing mixtapes how they do fully produced albums. This is exciting stuff.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote