Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official OFWGKTA thread
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 06:52 AM   #73 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy jack View Post
I don't really understand the lyrical assault against them. There's some really clever lines, and even the rape stuff is really tongue-in-cheek. I mean Tyler talks about raping a girl (and eating her heart) for not going to prom with him, do you really think he's being serious and thinking "oh I'm going to shock people?" It's hyperbole, sure it's a bit silly but as Matious pointed out these are teenagers. Teenagers are a bit silly.
Is anyone actually complaining about whether he's serious or not? I know I haven't. I just find the lyrics repetitive and blah. There's nothing there to hold my interest. That might not be a problem if the rapping or music were better, but they aren't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy jack View Post
The issue with production is really weird to me...I mean the versatility on the production is something of interested, you have French (a very distorted track) and then a really poppy/weird on Seven (this is again, referring to Bastard which I think is the stronger album.)
Like with the lyrics, I just find the production boring. I don't hear a lot variety from song to song and it's doesn't feel like much effort went into making good music. It just sounds they started rapping over the first thing they came up with.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote