Music Banter - View Single Post - The opposite of "Intrumentals".
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 09:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
silver2zilver
Groupie

Default The opposite of "Intrumentals".

Hey, i've been making a lot of music mixes lately and I have a problem. I've tried to put some verses from one song into the beat of another but I have found it difficult to do because I'm having a hard time either seperating the actual song verse from the background music or having it in sync.

So i've begun to stay away from doing that. Ultimately, to progress my skill in mixing, I have to figure something out for this. I've googled and googled ways to do so but I can't conjure up the words I need for the correct google answer. So I turned to the forums.

Of course, you hear other mixes with the song verses of another song in that mix. That's what i'm trying to do. Put let's say Michael Jackson's "Don't stop till you get enough" chorus into Deadmau5's "Hi Friend" for example. I'm not trying to do that, but it's an example of a song with lyrics going into a song without lyrics and completely differant beats.

Instrumentals are the background music you hear for songs. Is there a name for just the lyrics of a song? or how could I seperate verses?

I've tried doing so in Audicity (it has an effect option to remove / minimize the background music) but it doesn't work that well.
silver2zilver is offline   Reply With Quote