Music Banter - View Single Post - The future of Music? (big question)
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 05:51 AM   #54 (permalink)
Hank The Drifter
Take it easy, but take it

There's tons of good music being made. This musics just not being crammed down our throats like the more mainstream acts out there. That's how it is now and that's probably how its going to continue to be. I'm fairly content with music right now. There's something out there for everyone I think. I mean you have the underground bands doing whatever it is they are doing and you can usually find something there you like, but if you're just a music listener and not a music nut like some you can usually find your thing in the mainstream realm. I think that's how music will continue to be UNLESS something drastic happens. As bad as it may seem its truthfully not that bad. People just need to open their eyes and realize how much great music is out there. The big thing is people need to support small independent acts and small labels more. I'm guilty of not doing it myself but if we do it the bands will continue to make money so that they can continue to release albums and do a bit of touring and whatever else they need funds for. This is probably more summing up the current conditions of the music industry but that's what it seems to me will happen in the future, too.