Music Banter - View Single Post - Respond to a Short MB Questionnaire for all Members! Worth Taking. [Approved by mods]
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 08:45 AM   #79 (permalink)
dankrsta

Age (Optional): 36

Music preference: I like to think I'm pretty diverse and open to all kinds of music, but I lean toward avant-garde/experimental side, noisy, spacey music, psychedelic, industrial, alternative and post-punk. Every genre interests me especially if it goes out of its comfort zone.

How long have you been a member? about 9 months

What made you join a music forum? Beside a few friends and my brother that I don't really see that often anymore (at least not as much as I'd like), I don't have anyone to discuss music with in a more thought provoking manner. This place filled that gap.

How come you choose MB as your music community over other music communities? This is the first music forum I joined and the first one I found. I don't remember quite clearly now, but I was looking for some band and among many google results there was some MB topic. That's how I got here. When I saw the broadness of it, how organized it was, had many genres, something for everybody, interesting discussions, well written reviews, I decided to join and give my two cents.

How does Music make you feel and what it means to you? Music always makes me feel something, even the music I don't like. But, when it hits me on a deeper level it can be a transcendent experience (even if it's just a moment). Then I become addicted to that something, I want to feel it again and so I search for it discovering more music along the way. It seems like it's the road that never ends. Although I must say, I'm still able to find that something in my old favorites. That's how I know they are worth all the time I invested in listening to them.

Tell me what makes the MB online forum work for you and keep you coming back for more? Interesting people with their own views on music and things that I enjoy reading, taking and giving recommendations, sharing my own thoughts, discovering new music...

Describe an interesting experience you had on the forum? I guess it would be becoming a mod, a somewhat unexpected opportunity to help the forum that inspired me in many ways.

What have you learned or what will you take away from your experiences here? The most interesting experience is chatting with people from all over the world and learning that love for music makes us all very much alike regardless of our real life probably different surroundings and circumstances. Not just location, but age and gender don't make much difference here. I mean, I know it's the nature of internet and anonymity, but experiencing it more closely in this kind of community has been very interesting for me.

Let me know of any other points that you feel might interest me negative/positive about your experiences regarding being involved in a Music forum and its Members, now's your chance? I think I've said what I wanted to.

Real Name (Optional): Danijela