Music Banter - View Single Post - Awkward social situations
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 11:11 AM   #237 (permalink)
someonecompletelyrandom
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank The Drifter View Post
I'm involved in awkward social situations daily pretty much. I don't know I just have really bad social anxiety and every conversation I hold with someone I don't know ends up being awkward because I'm not sure what to say and there's always a bunch of awkward pausing and just standing their glancing at one another or whatever.

Actually not daily because I avoid conversations if at all possible which probably makes the problem even worse lol.

I'm not sure why I'm so shy and have such anxiety when I do talk to whoever it normally goes over fairly smooth and I'm usually told I have a good sense of humor on the internet, because lets be real as a high school student you're not going to be told that IRL usually lol.
I was pretty much the sane way (and depending on my state of mind I can do the same thing now.) I also had problems making eye contact for too long, as I was afraid it'd turn into an awkward pause.

Eventually by putting myself through the ringer of somewhat embarrassing social therapy (start up a conversation with a stranger, etc) I became far more confident.
someonecompletelyrandom is offline   Reply With Quote