Music Banter - View Single Post - The future of Music? (big question)
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 02:53 PM   #57 (permalink)
Musicnative
Groupie

Fantastic, fantastic discussion going on! When I started the thread I wanted to see where members of the forum would take it and you've shown some great depth of knowledge and musical debating.

My 2 European cents.....

The internet is probably the most revolutionary tool we as humans have at our disposal ever!! Cast your mind back back even only 20 years ago....the world and technology had not made that great leap forward, and although we may had gotten to the moon, the only major difference than centuries and centruries before that had helped develop things along the ways was 'electricity' and bit of computer power......People can have in there homes now the same computing power that helped navigate us to the moon, if they really wanted and at a reasonable price.

We have the privilege of living in what will be known in the history books as the 'Internet Revolution'! The changes happening now and players in the public arena will become legends of the time.

The internet's great gift is that it has gotten people talking, but just talking sharing, people from every corner of the world. It is with this increase in sharing and rapid exchange that learning and innovation can occur at rates never before seen in history. Crowd accelerated innovation is now spinning the globe.

What does this all mean for music...well the proof is right in front of your eyes, you may be reading this where ever you are in the world, an internet cafe on the Thailand islands, a bedroom in middle america, or on a bus going to work somewhere in France...where ever you are?! We have shared and exchanged ideas and no matter how small have influenced the other.....

Music is and will be no different, if anything it will only get better, YES there will always be the commercialization and mainstream offerings, but the fact is as more and more of the worlds emerging developing classes get on-line (an estimated 2 billion and counting in next 10-15 years), this space will only get bigger and better, filled with more music and influences and musical innovations. As the great populations of the world connect the future of music in my opinion is BRIGHT!