Music Banter - View Single Post - Post a Picture of Your #1 Instrument
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 07:10 PM   #99 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Down View Post
What a beautiful violin! I just love instruments that look like they've been played well for many years. The dress is nice too
I like old instruments, too! I like thinking about all the people who played an instrument before me.

Are there famous old flutes? I assume you flute players don't like old flutes since having all the saliva in them from other people might give you saliva cooties!

Burning Down, if you like old instruments, then you'd *really* like the violin my parents got me back when I was 18 and they had high violin hopes for me, I think, or they were just extremely generous. They bought me a violin made around 1720 in France.

I hardly ever play my old violin because I'm so afraid I'll drop it! I need to play it sometime since it is a shame to have an instrument sit idle for years and years. The violin looks pretty battered up...weird scratch marks here and there on it, as if it had battled a leopard and lost. I wish I knew all the people who played and abused that violin over the years! Hopefully it isn't like the Red Violin, trailed by tragedy.

Thank you for commenting on my fecal matter colored dress!
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote