Music Banter - View Single Post - Depression and suicide
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 07:41 PM   #226 (permalink)
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra
\/ GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_k View Post
It wasnt criticism of any sort.
I just wondered.
I mean, I'm pretty messed up, but I do note that there's a lot of people with serious problems (agressive parents, depression, drug abuse, suicide).
I go to loads of forums but I've never seen so many rather serious problems amongst the core users in one forum.

Again, no criticism at all
Not taken, mr.s_k. I know you're a cool guy.

I don't know. As stated before, almost every time it's felt like a means of power when I feel myself to be powerless. Then again, I have issues with paranoia, too. I mean, issues as in hearing voices that aren't there, and I've been lead to believe I'm being taped. It's really illogical, and I have no idea where it stems from.

Supposed the tortured artist theory is right. Music for me is largely a way to help flood out a lot of the sounds. Seeing as I often hear words/voices out of distanced ones it's nice to have one as a focal point.

Reading a bit back, as for psychiatric pills. I highly do not recommend taking them. I was on Abilify for a short amount of time(It's administered as a treatment to schizophrenia as well as depression). There's two important things I notice about it:

A) When you don't take it for awhile, you feel sick taking it at first. They were giving it to me in higher dosages than what you'd just get for depression - however- you have to build a tolerance to the pill. I took it while in a supervised wing of the hospital(they had to keep me there until I was medically cleared ie. no suicide attempts). I went to throw up after taking it... then they brought a freaking dietary expert in to ask me whether I was bulimic. Which is ridiculous seeing as I don't see it as a very common disease in males with skinny not being the attractive look, and not being particularly fat.

B) It ****ing messed my mind up. It made me just lay in bed. That's it. There were things I would have normally wanted to do without it, but I just didn't want to. It just made me an emotionless drone, really.

Never ever recommend psyche medicine. It's not good stuff.