Music Banter - View Single Post - Favorite NFL Team Of All Time
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 11:19 AM   #8 (permalink)
Dirty
Account Disabled

Well I'm a youngin and wasn't alive for or remember alot of the ole classic teams, but here's a few teams that I will always remember:

1997 Dallas Cowboys

- First team I really remember. I remember sitting in my gram's living room as a little kid watching the Dallas-Steelers superbowl that year (I live in Steeler Nation). The next year I started playing football and wore #22, and then #21 cause of Emmitt and Dieon. That team was incredible with Aikman, Emmitt, and Irvin on offense (and Larry Allen), and had guys like Darren Woodson and Dexter Coakley on defense. Irvin is one of my all-time favorite players. They are the first time I really remember and kinda got me interested in football.

1999 St Louis Rams -

Greatest show on turf. Enough said. Dominant, filthy offense there for a few years. Loved watching them play. It was video game type of offense. Warner was awesome, Faulk was awesome, then Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce as WRs was just unfair on that turf. Plus Hakim in the slot. Just an awesome exciting team I remember well. Classic superbowl too, we all remember the tackle at the goal line.

I was a Cowboys fan as a little kid thanks to that awesome team with Aikman, Emmitt, Irvin, and Dieon... I was never really a Rams fan, but it was always one of the most exciting teams to watch. My father and brother are diehard Jets fans and I never really connected with them. When I was like 13 I became a fan of Atlanta for one reason:

The second they drafted him, I was like... I'm gonna root for this team from now on no matter what happens (and holy hell a ton has happened). Those early 2000's Atlanta teams were the first I ever really rooted for as a true fan. I still remember ole Ray Buchanan, Rod Coleman, Brooking, Kerney, Dunn, Duckett, Crumpler, and all their crap WRs unfortunately. Vick was just awesome. I know he is better now, and people think he sucked in Atlanta, but I watched those games and he hardly had anything around him and was awesome for them.
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote