Music Banter - View Single Post - Would You be Tempted to try Drugs if They Were Legalized?
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 03:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

All the people I've ever known that have done drugs, myself included, did not place enough significance on the legality of it to dissuade themselves from doing them. Unless you're overly paranoid or lack common knowledge, it's not hard to dismiss the idea that any time you obtain and put an illegal substance in your body a S.W.A.T team will bust in through the windows and arrest you.
I think most people who get busted for drugs (personal use type situations) end up in that position secondarily, after stupidly getting caught breaking some other law while in possession of drugs.
Unless you're a high level dealer who's being watched, I don't think a person should have any concern about whether they'll get busted for smoking a joint or something in their basement.

Personally, I think people that use legality as their sole excuse for not doing drugs are actually more afraid/unsure of the drug itself than they are of possible legal consequences. I don't think most functional, intelligent people really think their chances of getting busted are anywhere near as high as let on.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote