Music Banter - View Single Post - Would You be Tempted to try Drugs if They Were Legalized?
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 05:18 PM   #24 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash_override View Post
Yeah but you can still go out and have a few drinks on the weekend without losing your job over it. I'm not saying we should have guys toking up in the steel mill or anything. But people are being fired and denied employment for something they do on their own time, in their own home, and on their own freewill. I think Marijuana should be treated socially very similar to alcohol. Where occassional social use is accepted by the general public, both socially and professionally. But excessive use is still viewed as a problem that requires action.
I hear ya.
There would probably have to be a change in policy and the way companies define impairment if drugs were legalized. As it stands, you can get fired for having trace residual amounts of a substance in your body when there's actually no longer any physical 'impairment'.
Even still, I know a lot of people who partake in a variety of things and still work. But it sure as hell is stress-city for the pot smokers when random urinalysis time comes. Sadly, many of these people relegate themselves to jobs that rarely drug test... which means they often bag my groceries.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote