Music Banter - View Single Post - Would You be Tempted to try Drugs if They Were Legalized?
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 11:02 PM   #65 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan View Post
Out of curiosity, has anyone done shrooms? What are they like?
For me shrooms are pretty intense. Usually because I've always taken large quantities of them. I've noticed differences among strains, but generally The OEVs (open eye visuals) usually consist of colors and lights being exceptionally vivid, with lights having halos and noticeably intense contrast. Textures are sharp and more contrasted, emphasizing any isolated spots or particles of dirt or otherwise, resulting in an uncomfortable perspective of the cleanliness of bathrooms...
In high dosages, CEVs (closed eye visuals) manifest themselves also as OEVs and usually appear as colored patterns overlaid on the visual field and who's opacity increase when you shut your eyes.
MVs (what I personally call "mental visuals") are the most profound of the visuals and occur within the minds eye. These feel, more than look, like something, but augment things you actually see, almost to a point that they're visible. As a result of them being more bound to your personal subconscious, their form will be varied among users, but my personal experience is generally that rooms become cavernous, pairs of round objects feel overwhelmingly like watching eyes, moving through a dimly lit area feels like being flanked by ghosts of smoothly moving lions or other animal wonders made of color and/or light, and my arms always seem uncomfortably organic.
Audio effects include heightened sense of detail and spaciousness, but I don't get any kind of added context that I'd get with acid or weed, and certainly not the level of euphoria and intense dramatic context that comes with music while on ecstasy. But music is certainly more interesting for what is brought out in the way that it is.
Mentally, the effects of shrooms are very pronounced. This effect will vary depending on the person and how much they've done it. My first few trips were nothing but laughter, but eventually I began focusing on different aspects of the trip and finding new significances that changed the way my trips represented themselves. This isn't a bad thing if you don't get into the habit of focusing on negative things, which can be hard to do in unsupportive environments.
But overall, the mental aspect is what you take away from the trip, and whatever its nature, it tends to be the most profound. Unfortunately, it's also the one thing you can't really prepare for via someone else's portrayal of it, so the only way to really find out where it sits with you is to experience your version of it yourself.
In no way do I think this fact should be a deterrent. If anything, I think it should add to the appeal of the personal aspects of your trip that you can call your own, provided you're ok with what you find yourself confronted with.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote