Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 11:14 AM   #9037 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
It's pretty underrated isn't it? At least as far as I can tell from the criticisms of it that I've come across. Not on par with the original, obviously, but it's still well worth seeing, whether you're a fan of the franchise or not.

And talking of horror remakes;

Halloween
^ Certainly a pretty interesting film story-wise, as like the Nightmare film above, it adds a new dimension to the franchise by going much deeper into its antagonist's back story than the original did. On the other hand though, the reason we all thought people like Mike Myers and Jason Voorhees are so bleedin' scary is that we don't know who they are. They don't talk, they're pretty massive and they don't really have a slant on their characters other than that they slice people up and can't be reasoned with. Giving Mike Myers a back story which basically sets him up to be a human and not something that simply can't die takes a bit of that edge away for me.

Plus Rob Zombie's use of shaky cam's annoying as hell in places.

Halloween II
^ Like its original, it's not as interesting as its predecessor, but still a pretty entertaining slasher. It does fall into the trap of being a bit of a by-the-numbers slasher, although Brad Dourif does a very good job as the sheriff trying to hold everything together. Along with Malcolm McDowell, he comes off as by far the most interesting character in the film. Good enough I guess, but suffers the same drawbacks as the first Halloween remake.
honestly the most annoying thing about Nightmare....was the Rorschach voice

i enjoyed the Halloween remake....i still need to see the sequel....which is stupid considering i own it and have for well over a year :/

i kind of look at Rob Zombie the way the Jackhammer looks at Quentin Tarantino....

so speaking of horror remakes....I Spit On Your Grave?

its weird i really have very little desire in seeing this....but kind of feel like it may be worth it in the end....
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote