Music Banter - View Single Post - Anyone else not understand ''glam/hair/ metal??
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 02:58 PM   #83 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
Well, first of all, Bleach Second, who in their right mind would take Guns N' Roses over Dokken or Scorpions? I mean hell, even Ratt were sleazier.
Scorpions in the 1970's and upto to the mid 1980`s were without doubt one of the best metal acts of all time. Singer Klaus Meine`s voice was always something very special.

Scorpions (70`s to mid 80`s) > Guns N Roses >>>> Scorpions (post mid 80s) and Dokken >>>>>>>>>>>>> Ratt......are about as bad as it gets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
Well when I say Appetite is in a different league I wasn't really talking about quality, I was talking about impact. I mean personally I used to like both Appetite & Badmotorfinger and I've not listened to either in about 10 years so as far as quality goes I'd rate them about equal.
As far as impact goes Appetite is one of the most successful debut albums of all time and turned GnR from being just another LA bar band into being a household name in just over a year. No Soundgarden album can really compare on that level.
I think you`ve summed it up with Appetite, as with the first three songs "Welcome to the Jungle" "It`s so easy" and "Nightrain" basically blew away the rest of the hair metal competition.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote