Music Banter - View Single Post - The Instrument Recommendation thread
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 03:28 AM   #38 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Diamond91 View Post
I have a Fender Starcaster (not Strat), which has 2 single-coil pickups and a set of humbuckers. I bought it for somewhere between $290-$300. I've barely played it at all. I just never found the love for electric. I'd rather git rid of it and get another acoustic or electric-acoustic.

Would I get more money back for it if I brought it to the music store I bought it from and tried to sell it back, or a pawn shop? I can't seem to find any friends who want it. I just don't see the point in keeping it. I never even gave the thing a name.
Here's the problem with Starcasters, the company has used the name for two quite different guitars now. there's the 70s hollow-body Starcasters that Johnny Greenwood from Radiohead uses. then there are the Walmart strat knock-offs.

i'm assuming you have one of the newer Strat-style instruments. in which case, if you can return it to the store for equivalent value it'll be your best bet. on the other hand if it's one of the vintage models hit up a Radiohead site or if you happen to be on the east coast of Canada - PM me. please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote