Music Banter - View Single Post - The American Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 02:08 PM   #883 (permalink)
Dirty
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
Eric I'm stealin the format here, but here's my picks

wild card round:

jets at colts - Since signing Dominic Rhodes a few weeks back, the Colts have found a little running game. I know Indy is hurt across the board with injuries, but he Jets don't impress me much. I LOVE Rex Ryan, but the Jets offense looks terrible. Their running game hasn't been the same this year without Thomas Jones (most underrated back for the past 5 years) and I don't trust Sanchez at all. I hate Sanchez, he's so pouty all the time. I can NEVER count out Peyton at home.. and with that crowd noise, I feel bad for Sanchez on 3rd and long with Freeney and Mathis coming around the ends gunning for him. I think 24-21 Colts. Vinatieri clutch kicking again.

ravens at chiefs - Wow, I'm SO close to taking the Chiefs because I think they will be really confident at home and I love what they've done this season. But the Ravens have so many veterans, and all it takes is one huge play from Ed Reed or Ray Ray to totally change this game. Ravens defense hasn't been the same this year, but i don't think KC's passing game is good enough to beat them. Cause I know damn well that Baltimore isn't gonna let KC run all over them like they did everyone else this year. I think Baltimore by 10

saints at seahawks - Complete blowout. Saints are gonna win by 24 easily. Seahwaks are terrible.

packers at eagles - Awesome matchup here. I havent been impressed by the Eagles pass defense aside from Samuel. I think the Pack's defense will play fast as always and cause problems for Vick. Vick will be feeling nervous, first playoff game in like 5 years. I can see him making some mistakes and getting rattled. I am saying Pack by 9.

Well like everyone else I underestimated Seattle. No way I thought they would win that game, but they did. Jets-Colts was a close one like I thought but instead if a clutch Vinatieri kick, it was Nick Folk sinking a game-winner. By the way, Jim Caldwell is a complete moron for calling that timeout at the end. His explanation was even more retarded somehow. So I was 2-2 with my picks for wild card weekend, here's my divisonal round picks

Jets @ Pats - I love the Jets style and love Rex Ryan, but Brady and Bilicheck are two geniuses. They've had time to rest and gameplan, and they are gonna take it to the Jets. I'll be rooting for New York to win, but the Pats are too well coached and won't have as much trouble on offense as the Jets will (still dont trust Sanchez).

Ravens @ Steelers - Pure slugfest and smashmouth here. Pittsburgh's at home, it's gonna be a close one I am sure. And I trust Big Ben, at home, late in the game to lead a game winning drive for a TD or FG. I'm goin with Pitt.

Seahwaks @ Bears - I COULD see Seattle winning this game cause Cutler is always on the brink of implosion. Plus he's a douche so I root against him so I do hope Seattle finds a way to win... But playing at Soldier Field, against that defense, I just don't see it happening. A few big plays from Chicago and the danger of Hester returning spells the end to Seattle's short-lived miracle playoff run.

Packers @ Falcons - Gotta go with my team here. Toss-up game, anything could happen. Atlanta's secondary is weak, but they've bene getting pressure with a 4 man rush at home all season and I think the crowd noise is only gonna help guys like Abraham getting into the backfield and causing hell. I don't think anyone but the Steelers can stop Atlanta's run game right now. Atlanta is gonna run, run, playaction. Can't wait for this game, gonna be rockin the Matty Ice jersey and the Falcons beanie for this one. If it comes down to the final few minutes I expect Matty Ice to get the job done like he's done all season long.
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote