Music Banter - View Single Post - The American Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 03:40 PM   #884 (permalink)
Bloozcrooz
Justifiable Idiocracy

Yeah we definatley all missed seeing the Seahawks pull off a win against the Aints. Like I stated before everyone but Keyshawn Johnson..(ESPN..The Blitz.) At any rate if they had one team they pull off another upset against it would be the Bears. Their just to inconsistant at times on offense. Still but I cant see Hasselbeck having any kind of luck against Urlacker,Peppers, and crew. I think Lovie Smith will try to establish that running game with Forte and keep the ball out of Cutlers hands as much as possible. With Hestner at the helm on special teams aquiring that valuable field position. I see the Bears making it out of this one alive.
The Jets at Pats ...Like the pre game segment on Monday night kickoff says..."Come On Man" Bill and Brady could shock me and not pull this one off but its highly unlikely. The Jets only chance is to take advantage of the Pats inexperienced deffense. Try to match scores with Brady(good luck) Just dont think ol Sanchy's got it in him to do so come crunch time. Look for Welker to have a big day as I see Rex concentrating on keeping the big play from Brady. So with Reevis Island and Chromartie defending the edge's. I think Welker will find the creases and hit those seams. Exposing those soft spots and allowing Brady to do what he does best. Pick you apart. Combined with the running efforts Ben Jarvis Green Ellis has been giving. I think is to powerful of combo for Rex's Jets to overcome.
The Ravens at the Steelers I picked the Steelers very early in the season to win it all this year. (thinking it was a rebuilding year for the Pats) Im still gonna ride out that prediction just for the sake of not jumping from team to team. Regaurdless of who's hot and who's not. The last time these two teams met I did pick the Ravens in that particular battle. Barring a Joe Retardo throw on second down and only a few minutes to play. Which invited a Troy Polamolu sack for a fumble and score if im correct. My pick would have stood. As fate would have though that day it did not. However playing at home should give them the edge they need this week. The playoff intensity is a atmosphere both these teams know and are comfortable playing in. However with it being a quarterback driven league the upper hand has to go to the one with the rings. Big Ben should have a pretty big day using his legendary pump fakes to expose that at times sub par secondary.(with the exception of Ed Reed) This heavyweight physical game usually comes down to a field goal deciding the outcome. Im sure somehow the Steeler deffense will somehow come up with a play to swing the momentum their way. Then give the Ravens a taste of that old fashion run it up the gut 4 minute drill to kill the clock.
Which leaves Packers at Falcons An NFC shootout for advancing on to the championship stage. Given Vick and the Eagles are out of the hunt... im gonna be pulling for the Falcons. (thanks in part to Dirty) But also due to the fact of it being the Cinderella aspect of things to. The Falcons have been due for a shot at the ring for some time now, and finally have put themselves in great position for it. With all the weapons they have on offense and Matty Ice only losing two games I think at home. The Georgiadome makes that 12th man element all to real for opponents. The only issue I see them having is the scheme drawn up to stop a Packers run as well as Rogers attack. With a Starks shocker last week against Andy Reids Eagles. If this is capable again in this matchup. Things could get very interesting down the stretch. Never the less I see the Falcons being the only birds to Fly on to Jerry's place for the big game. Good luck
Bloozcrooz is offline   Reply With Quote