Music Banter - View Single Post - On Philosophy
Thread: On Philosophy
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 02:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
Dotoar
Supernatural anaesthetist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProggyMan View Post
I just mean that what we think of as 'objects' having some innate quality of existence is flawed. So, in a sense, no-thing exists.
I think you're confusing the objects themselves with our cognitive concepts which refer to said objects. Because I don't think that you would deny that there are such things as what we commonly refer to as stones for example, right?

Quote:
No, I think that you are mixing up the order. Our understanding is what creates the illusion of objects in the first place, when all the really exists is the context. The qualities we assign these objects have no existence apart from the relationships they have to other objects. No dark without light, hot without cold etc.
The key issue here is what I bolded which once again points back to the abovementioned; Our conceptualization of existence, or rather, the objects and phenomena that are suspended in it.

Quote:
How so? I don't think any answers any of us will ever find can really be categorized as true because the very nature of truth defies categorization.
What I was hinting at was that "I dont think there's any true answers" is a claim that, like every possible claim one can think of, owes its existence to, well, existence itself.