Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 06:27 PM   #2704 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVCA View Post
Are you using the uber instruments? I want to get Rock Band 3 but it's so damn expensive after everything is said and done, and I know I'll be shelling out for all the tantalizing new tracks they periodically release for months to come.

yeah i guess you could say that. you're right that it's quite expensive to get up to that level.

i dumped a little over $200 on one of those Ion Drum Rocker kits last January. the reviews basically said if you're playing on expert and not bored of the game at all yet it's worth it. they were right. i've also probably dumped the same amount of money into DLC over the last few years as well.

as for the new tracks since RB3 launched, i haven't been impressed. there's only been 1 single solitary track that piqued my interest (some Rush tune i've never heard before but whatever - it's Rush).

i think the implementation of keyboards into RB3 was a double edged sword. on one hand it's nice for some tracks and adds a new level of immersion for some players. on the other hand it also means there are about 2000 songs out there that don't support it.

quite curious about the Squier controller that's supposed to ship later this Spring. too bad they botched that release too and from the look of things will only be available for purchase in the states exclusively through Best Buy.

no wonder Harmonix got sold for $50 plus the responsibility of their outstanding debt. that's right, someone bought the company for less than the retail price of their game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote