Music Banter - View Single Post - Can Women Be Funny?
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 03:41 PM   #360 (permalink)
Sansa Stark
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaqarbal View Post
As I see it, apart from that at the title ("Can women be funny?"), there is also another (implicit) question here. And more or less, it would be like this: "Do women lose their feminity when they're funny?".

Anyway, I've voted for option D (Depends on the woman and situation). Two examples:

To me, Cameron Díaz was disappointing, tacky and coarse. On the contrary, in my eyes Brittany Murphy didn't lose a bit of her feminity. I think she was as delightful as always , and in fact I loved to see she had that sense of humor. I guess it's a matter of personal tastes.

I don't really understand how women can lose their "femininity" by being funny? I mean, if they're genuinely funny, I don't think "Oh god, she's so funny, it's too bad it makes her look sooooo much less like a woman", I think "Goddamn, this bitch is funny". I don't really see what you're saying here. I guess if you're watching someone like Chelsea Handler, I can understand that statement, mainly because she is not funny and she degrades herself for laughs. That's tacky.
Sansa Stark is offline   Reply With Quote