Music Banter - View Single Post - The 50 Greatest Riffs in Rock
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 04:20 PM   #16 (permalink)
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra
\/ GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
They should have saved time & just listed the songs off the first 5 Sabbath albums.

Better than most of the stuff on that list too.
That's not too big of an insult. I mean Tommy Iommi was the all time God of riffs in his heyday. Never the most technically skilled guitarist, but he certainly had a knack for the simple, insanely catchy guitar riffs.

But as for:

Quote:
Michael Jackson - Beat It
****ing seriously? This isn't even my typical jab at Michael Jackson, but I don't really think anything he's ever done should be known for it's guitar work. I'm wondering if this is only on here because of Van Halen's guest guitar random solo.

Still though, a few on the list I agree with (The trooper, Raining Blood) Others I'm confused with (Voodoo child instead of purple Haze, Iron Man instead of Paranoid or Symptom of the Universe?) The list seems mainly a commercial rock wank-off for people who lightly get into classic rock. It's a big audience, easy to sell to. So, I don't see it as that big of a shock.
Terence Hill, as recently confirmed during an interview to an Italian TV talk-show, was offered the role but rejected it because he considered it "too violent". Dustin Hoffman and John Travolta declined the role for the same reason. When Al Pacino was considered for the role of John Rambo, he turned it down when his request that Rambo be more of a madman was rejected.
Al Pacino = God

Last edited by Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra; 01-19-2011 at 04:25 PM.
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra is offline   Reply With Quote