Music Banter - View Single Post - Was JFK a good president?
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 09:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra
\/ GOD

Honestly, I've been thinking over the exact same thing for awhile. I honestly don't know why people consider JFK such a great president.

Personally, he seemed like he was very coc-ky, and wreckless, and always on the edge of war. He fumbled Cuba horribly, and is praised for bluffing out the Russians once. The trade embargo never dissolved communism, and the Soviet Union stayed strong through his tenure. Worse yet he IS the one who started the Vietnam War. Johnson, and Nixon did fumble it pretty badly afterwards but Kennedy is definitely the one who started it.

To his credit, he got a man on the moon, but apart from that, his presidency was so overly exaggerated. I think it was just the fact he was young, good looking(well, by president standards), and extremely charismatic. Plus, he died in his prime in office which brought him to a state of martyrdom. With that said, I think Kennedy was an extremely war-like president, and basically just daring the commies to snap back.

Not to mention basically the only reason why he was even in office was because he was part of a mob family(You know, the guys who randomly pick a neighborhood, and snap the knees of everyone there who doesn't give them money, just so they don't get their knees snapped).
Terence Hill, as recently confirmed during an interview to an Italian TV talk-show, was offered the role but rejected it because he considered it "too violent". Dustin Hoffman and John Travolta declined the role for the same reason. When Al Pacino was considered for the role of John Rambo, he turned it down when his request that Rambo be more of a madman was rejected.
Al Pacino = God
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra is offline   Reply With Quote