Music Banter - View Single Post - The American Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 11:05 AM   #913 (permalink)
Thrice
أمهاتك[وهور]Aura Euphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
Ryan Fitzpatrick and Freeman ahead of Ryan? You're crazy, this is an awful list.

Ryan hardly ever loses at home. Other than Brady, I'm almost 100% he has the league's best home record. Like I said, what else would you seriously want out of a 3rd year QB? Comes in, starts immediately, 2 playoff appearances in 3 years, 2:1 TD to interception ratio, great at home, etc. He is exactly what every NFL team would want with drafting a QB.

Josh Freeman in the top 10? Because he had one good season where he didn't make the playoffs and played the easiest, cupcake schedule of all-time? He couldn't beat a good team all year. Bucs are an up and coming team but they are 2 years away from being a playoff team and he's a few years away from being a top 10 QB if he even ever gets there. What has he even accomplished? A good season where he beat up on crap football teams.

Fitzpatrick? Lol, that's the biggest joke of all... He's never even had a good season. This was, by far, his best season and he was like 22nd in Qb rating. He has literally never been a good player at all. He couldn't even open the season starting for the Bills, who are a disaster of a franchise. Having him anywhere near the top 20 is borderline crazy.

Here's my top 10. I'm not a huge stat guy, they can be misleading. But I've watched every week of NFL football for the past decade and this is how I would rank the QBs

1) Manning
2) Brady
3) Brees
4) Rivers
5) Rodgers
6) Vick
7) Roethlisberger
8) Ryan
9) Flacco
10) Schaub
11) Eli
12) Cutler
13) Bradford
14) Cassel
15) Freeman
16)Sanchez

There's a lot of guys that could be flip-flopped but basically I view it in tiers. Manning and Brady are a level above everyone. Then Brees, Rivers, and Rodgers are pretty inter-changable. Then like Schaub, Eli, Cutler are all guys who are good but you can't trust them. Then the rest I have listed are guys without a ton of experience but look real solid. Orton is the definition of mediocre, I can't even include him. He's like a Garrard type in my opinion.
Freeman is on spot with Ryan.

Josh Freeman

YDS CMP% TD INT RAT
3451 61.4 25 6 95.9

Matt Ryan
YDS CMP% TD INT RAT
3705 62.5 28 9 91.0

...and how you gunna hate on Fitz so much?
Sam Bradford
YDS CMP% TD INT RAT
3512 60.0 18 15 76.5

Ryan Fitzpatrick
YDS CMP% TD INT RAT
3000 57.8 23 15 81.8

Mark Sanchez
YDS CMP% TD INT RAT
3291 54.8 17 13 75.3

Lew Harrison, who looked like an anarchist with his red eyes and fierce black beard, had been writing furiously in one corner of the room. "That's good—happiness by the kilowatt," he said. "Buy your happiness the way you buy light."
Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote