Music Banter - View Single Post - Gong - Gazeuse! (1976)
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 07:42 PM   #21 (permalink)
Mrd00d
Stoned and Jammin' Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
There are a lot of Holdsworth guitar runs to keep the tracks moving along, but I found myself mainly listening to all the percussive details that make this album sound so special.
the only negative comment I have about Gazeuse is that the last, soft track is way too short: it feels like they were just warming into it when someone told them to pack up and get out of the studio!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
I love those clean, vibrating tones. The songs I appreciate the most are the first four which I think are all strong. It's a delicious, relaxing listen and a nice contrast to some of the more rocking tracks.

My favourite Gazeuse track at the moment is Esnuria. It has a great groove and I love the build up and just how the song develops with the percussion instruments, guitar and brass. It's a brilliant song with rocking bits as well as beautiful parts.

Usually, it's not a record I consciously sit down and dedicate attention to, but I might put it on while working on something and then I find myself grooving along after a little while.

It's a very good from me
Those ideas sum up where I sit at well. A close second is the track Expresso itself, which I find to be a very fun ride. Really dig that xylophone sound followed by really grungy garage drums.

I feel the excellent guitar playing on track two, Night Illusion, saves it, but the final track is a bit dull (Mirelle).... it's unforgivably down.

I enjoy the majority of this album very much... I really enjoy the playfulness...

Mrd00d is offline   Reply With Quote