Music Banter - View Single Post - Pop Punk
Thread: Pop Punk
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 10:01 PM   #57 (permalink)
homosauce
Groupie

There is so many amazing pop punk bands out right now. First of all, 'Four Year Strong', 'Set Your Goals', and 'The Wonder Years'. If you don't know em, look em up, they're giving this genre a whole new meaning. These bands sprouted from pretty recently defunct great bands such as 'Crime in Stereo' and 'Daggermouth' that started heavily mixing pop punk and hardcore. don't think 'A Day to Remember' though - maybe imagine if all of blink was as talented instrumentally as Travis Barker and the lyrics less adolescent (not that there's anything wrong with those things). there are a lot of slightly younger bands putting great music like: the "Lifetime-esque" 'Such Gold' and 'Title Fight'. There's (imo) future pop punk stars 'Fireworks' and the perhaps overtly-sappy-but-I-like-'em 'Man Overboard'. Bands like 'Tiger Jaw' and 'Balance and Composure' who mix a big slice of indie and 90's emo to their pop punk punch. There's 'Transit' who manage to be deeply personal without sounding boring and stupid, in addition to the optimistic 'This Time Next Year', The relatively young 'Crucial Dudes', the stellar songwriting of 'The Swellers' and some other bands I'm just leaning about like 'Much The Same', 'Bangarang!', and 'Living With Lions'. Seriously, I love the classics as much as the next guy but ****, music still comes out! I'd put practically all those bands in my list.

btw wtf is wrong with Fall Out Boy? Take This to Your Grave is a classic and Folie À Deux is pretty solid overall album. a pretty solid overall band imo.
homosauce is offline   Reply With Quote