Music Banter - View Single Post - Screaming at the Moon
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 04:14 PM   #80 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

I'm not sure why, when someone tells you about Styx, you hear either Renegade or Come Sail away, because if they've got songs like the one I've posted here, I cannot imagine why is isn't leading the charts.

I've never heard this song on classic rock radio, its never been mentioned on compilation discs, and can anyone tell me why?

Before this past Wednesday night, Styx was, to me, a band in time. Unless it was the 70's, Styx weren't relevant. But this track sounds like a Rush track juiced up on Testosterone. The organ smells of Deep Purple. The guitars wail like early Ozzy.

The vocals still sound the same but at least they aren't the sell-out, "play-to-the-vagina-in-the-audience" **** you usually expect from Styx. I dare say they took a page from Springsteen's book, if by that they could have somehow gone to Springsteen through Bon Jovi (who hadn't existed heretofore).

Musicbanter, I know you're into pretentious Dictionary-Rock so you can get some art house poon, but every once in awhile you need to listen to something with a set of balls on it. Listen to this, take off your ironic glasses, and go **** that chick who asked you for a cigarette. I know her mouth smells like a carpet store, but she's still a freak.

Thanks, Tommy Shaw.