Music Banter - View Single Post - Friends and families reactions to your taste in music
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 11:20 PM   #29 (permalink)
Kaimon
Talking Cactus

My dad is pretty open. He has tried as long as I can remember to get me to listen to Bob Dylan, The (Early) Rolling Stones, Grateful Dead, and the Beatles (he still does, except for the beatles). Knows a lot about rock music before the 90's but still likes maybe 70-80% of what's on the mix CD'S I play in the car.

My mom is pretty unknown to me. I know she at least likes Exit Music (For a Film) by Radiohead and You are Never Alone by Socalled. Might have grown a distaste of Muse.

For my friends it's pretty varied. Nothing really bad about it at all, not that I care what they like in music*.

*total lie

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by khfreek View Post
I played Muse for my stepdad because they used to be my favorite band and they're pretty much the only band I listened to I thought he might like (classic rock-head) and he ended up saying that their songs "are all in the same mode", meaning a musical mode.
That was the same thing my dad said last year after I showed him the Teignmouth concert recording.

But then I just played KoC again later and he started to get into them. Weird.

Last edited by Kaimon; 01-22-2011 at 11:30 PM.
Kaimon is offline   Reply With Quote