Music Banter - View Single Post - Friends and families reactions to your taste in music
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 04:57 AM   #33 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

I don't think my family knows what I listen to, with the exception of my two younger sisters. They end up listening to whatever I listen to. We're pretty close in age though, so I can't blame it all on myself.

I've definitely made the mistake of giving my dad songs I've made, which he would proceed to whore out to anything with a pulse, regardless of how I felt about the song. That shit went on for years. I eventually learned not to ever show a parent anything you create unless you're absolutely sure you're fine with it being smeared across the entire universe by people who have absolutely no idea what it actually means, and who are showing people that would never understand to begin with.

As far as friends... depending on the friend, if we have something musical in common, then that person will generally know about that part of my musical taste. Otherwise, it's not something that comes up on a regular basis. It's not like when I was a teenager and my social life was based on music I listened to.

So I guess I don't really have any answer to the original question.
I wonder why I couldn't have just typed that one sentence.
Too late now. The effort is expended.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote