Music Banter - View Single Post - Friends and families reactions to your taste in music
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 05:38 AM   #34 (permalink)
DoctorSoft
Rocket Appliances

Family:

My dad listens to radio country(Kenney Chesney, Toby Kieth, Kieth Urban, etc.) exclusively, and I basically have to hide whatever music I'm listening to most of the time, because he makes fun of me for it. Like one time he caught me listening to rap and he called me "Nigger boy" for the rest of the day.

My mom listens to mainly pop radio but doesn't really care what I listen to, and sometimes will sing along to the more accessible songs when we listen to music in the car. She said she kind of likes Arcade Fire and the more accesible songs by Neutral Milk Hotel and Radiohead.

For my friends most of them just listen to whatever's popular at the moment, but recently some of them have started to listen to better stuff. I turned two friends onto Arcade Fire and the Pixies, but that's it. I have another kid who I used to be friends with who liked a lot of 90's Indie stuff and Classic Rock, but hates new music.

And then my best friend who used to like exclusively radio pop now listens to all the Indie I listen to, is starting to get into the Rap I like, but hates the Electronic stuff I like. It's pretty sweet to have someone to show and discuss music with, and who shows you bands back.
DoctorSoft is offline   Reply With Quote