Music Banter - View Single Post - Looking for similarity to Fall of Troy&Tool
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 08:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
diomedes
Groupie

Quote:
All's Well That Ends Well by Chiodos
Downtown Battle Mountain by Dance Gavin Dance
Young Machetes by Blood Brothers
Fang Island by Fang Island
Somewhere At The Bottom Of The River Between Vega And Altair by La Dispute
Mongrel by The Number Twelve Looks Like You
Kezia by Protest the Hero
Critical Meat by You Slut!
Thanks, there's a few in that list that I had not encountered yet. Some I did, but I'll give them another chance. I've been flipping through so many bands and have alot of difficulty finding exactly what I like.

Quote:
Eh, he prolly won't come back anyway.
I never connected Chiodos and The Fall of Troy, how weird.
Nah, I'll probably stick around, this seems like a good community for finding specific styles. I'll just make sure I post these in the right place next time. I wasn't sure, really, but couldnt find anything better. Chiodos came up on my searches and I tried them. I don't think it's what I'm looking for.

Lower Definition and Emarosa were pretty close hits for me recently. Circle Takes Square seems good to me, but I can't seem to adjust to the vocals. The guys sound like they're 13 or something. But the music is good.

Downtown Battle Mountain by Dance Gavin Dance is ok. It's not my favorite, but it's not the worst. They appear to have variability in their style from one album to the next.

Oh, and what happened with Fall of Troys Manipulator album, it's so weak and has no aggression. I re listened to it the other day, it's such a stylistic departure...

Anyway, if that helps, I'm still interested in more ideas.
diomedes is offline   Reply With Quote