Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 08:17 AM   #2751 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
I did a little demography study on my own yesterday in WoW out of curiosity and interviewed a female veteran player on what she thought of genders and players. She wrote that she had stopped playing male avatar characters because she felt she got treated worse as a male in the game. I've only played male characters myself, so I wouldn't know, but when I asked her if male characters in the game had a harder time, she said they definetly do. She also wrote that all her female friends in the game mainly play female characters and that her macho male friends in the game played male characters, but usually had a "trophy female char". When I asked what that meant, she said she meant that they all had one female character that they would sometimes play.

Not a very good or elaborate study, but some potential insights there still
That's absolutely been my experience. Females are often given things for cheaper or free. They are often promoted to officer positions. They are always given raid slots. They just tend to have a cozier relationship with Leadership than your average males do.

I remember at one point they started giving the girls in my guild officer permissions for the hell of it and we had a huge blowout/restructuring.