Music Banter - View Single Post - Looking for similarity to Fall of Troy&Tool
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 08:50 AM   #8 (permalink)
khfreek
What a guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by diomedes View Post
Nah, I'll probably stick around, this seems like a good community for finding specific styles. I'll just make sure I post these in the right place next time. I wasn't sure, really, but couldnt find anything better. Chiodos came up on my searches and I tried them. I don't think it's what I'm looking for.
Chiodos is weird for me in that their first album is golden, while I can't stand the rest of their material. So maybe you'll like it anyway.

Quote:
Lower Definition and Emarosa were pretty close hits for me recently. Circle Takes Square seems good to me, but I can't seem to adjust to the vocals. The guys sound like they're 13 or something. But the music is good.
They're about to come out with a long awaited second album

Quote:
Oh, and what happened with Fall of Troys Manipulator album, it's so weak and has no aggression. I re listened to it the other day, it's such a stylistic departure...
It's the production that really killed that one, I'd say it's about half great tracks (Semi-Fiction, AMAPACP) and half of is the lead singer thinking he can sing well. If you didn't like that DEFINITELY don't get In the Unlikely Event. Way worse than Manip.

Quote:
Anyway, if that helps, I'm still interested in more ideas.
It did help:
Alexisonfire by Alexisonfire
In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth 3 by Coheed and Cambria
Daughters by Daughters