Music Banter - View Single Post - Friends and families reactions to your taste in music
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 09:51 AM   #38 (permalink)
GravitySlips
Music Addict

I've had many people say to me things like "I don't know how you can enjoy that unless you're stoned" about a variety of different bands. Especially when I lived in student halls - that said, I often was stoned when I lived in halls.

I remember sometime before christmas I was drinking with two of my friends before we went out - they're both girls who love X Factor. This was a Saturday night, and so I had to sit and watch X factor with them ... and before it one of them happened to say something along the lines of "I don't know if I want to watch X Factor with you, you like terrible music". I just smiled and had a significantly large drink of my wine.

In school most people were aware that I liked different stuff but to be honest it never really affected me in a big way, socially. I kept my music taste to myself in school, for the most part - I rarely spoke to anyone about what I liked, although like I say people knew I had "weird" taste. I have a lot of friends now who enjoy similar music to me, but in school I knew of nobody who liked the bands I liked. To be honest, lots of my best friends in school are now into the stuff I like, and tell me they wished they'd listened to it sooner. Again, I just smile condescendingly
GravitySlips is offline   Reply With Quote