Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 04:50 PM   #2754 (permalink)
Astronomer
we are stardust

That's really interesting about female/ make toons in WoW. I guess there's a lot of lonely guys on there who get excited when they can help/ please a female character. So far I've only made a female character and I've been treated pretty well by most of the population on my server, sometimes guys can be a little derogatory but you just kinda expect that and it doesn't really bother me. Once someone in my guild was looking for a group for an instance and I said I'd like to come but he declined me because I am a girl and he thought I'd be a crap player. But it's not something that really bothers me and I recognise that whatever gender you are there are going to be smartasses and *******s on the game.

Although, one advantage of being a female character in the game is coming across opposite faction male characters who don't kill/ attack you. I've come across so many Horde who are higher levels than me or who could easily get an honorable kill by killing me (I'm not very good at PvP...) But because I'm female they'll just wave or try to communicate via "/" and then just be on their way. Pretty handy. Ha.

But so far I've never been given gold or sold anything cheaper than what it usually is or anything... I wouldn't want to be given handouts, I'd rather earn my achievements myself. It sucks when you know other players are going easy on you, I'd rather it be a challenge.