Music Banter - View Single Post - Friends and families reactions to your taste in music
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 09:57 PM   #58 (permalink)
Antonio
VICTORY SCREEEEEEECH

Family:
-well my mom doesn't entirely "get" all the stuff i listen to, and has actually gotten mad at some of the heavier music i like(i remember her calling Slipknot devil's music ) but the softer/catchier songs she enjoys, although not all of it.
-i remember the Foo Fighters playing in the car once and my dad getting into it, plus one time i let him listen to Parliament's Flash Light on my mp3 player and he started dancing to it, haha.
-my sister mainly listens to hip hop/R&b, and she's actually said that she likes my taste in music and how varied it is, even though she doesn't know all the artists. that and she'll usually ask me to burn her cds of Kanye West and the like.
-for the most part though i don't really show them what i listen to and around them i'll usually have the headphones on.

Friends:
it varies. some of my friends are open to listening to new music, minus some of the more extreme bands, so i usually like to suggest them stuff or show them artists of different types. my band friends are mainly in the realm of pop-punk/mainstream hip-hop, but they can respect the abilities of other types artists, being musicians and all.

My MB Journal-I talk about music and stuff!

add me on Steam!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/commandercool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave
isn't this one of the main reasons for this entire site?

what's next? a thread made specifically to banter about music?
Antonio is offline   Reply With Quote