Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 05:32 PM   #2759 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
That's really interesting about female/ make toons in WoW. I guess there's a lot of lonely guys on there who get excited when they can help/ please a female character.
not really, it's pretty standard for the internet. most people call it White Knight Syndrome. there is ALWAYS some lonely desperate guy out there just hoping for a chance to show some fair maiden just how honorable and chivalrous he is at which point she'll see how nice he really is and maybe let him touch her boobs while they live happily ever after. he's a 'nice' guy after all... right?

it's exactly as sad as it reads.

as for the studies about male to female gamer ratios you really REALLY need to establish what defines a 'game' in those situations. a lot of time they factor in stuff like Farmville or other very casual games targeted as a diversion from the primary reason for interaction (iPhone games / Facebook crap etc.) i mean really, Farmville has something like 30 million daily users, that's the entire population of Canada, is it REALLY that great of a game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote