Music Banter - View Single Post - What Is It About Music That You Like? (Read first post!)
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 09:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
Blu
Groupie

Quote:
Preferred Genres
A short list of genres here. Too many and the explanatory power of your answer decreases so don't list every genre you listen to, but stick to your favs!
Don't like the labeling of genres very much, as so much of what I listen to crosses the bounds as if they aren't there, and some just can't relly ba labeled. At any rate, the genres I tend to lean to are :
Metal, R&B, Hip-hop.

Quote:
What attracts me to music
What do you like? Do you use music as a way to vent anger? Do you like music that makes you happy? Do you like music that you can headbang to? Does it make you feel powerful or do you prefer music that makes you feel sad? Might require some imagination!
First, a song must appeal to my ears, which is not very hard to do.
The next thing, and this is only necessary to love a song, it has to make me feel some emotion, either through the lyrics, or I am simply in shock from the beauty of the sound of the song that I don't even care what the lyrics are. I'm not afraid to say that some of my favorite songs are those that have made me cry. Some songs I love just to blast in the car.

Quote:
Are you attracted to the same musical qualities now as then?
Do you listen to music for the same reason as when you were a child? Or are you on a new path defined at some later stage in life?
Hmm... What did I listen to as a kid......
Mostly movie soundtracks from stuff like The Lion King, and for some reason I listened to the Backstreet Boys. I can't stand them now, though. Then for a while, I listened almost exclusively to country.
I'd probably still like a lot of the songs from those soundtracks, but my taste has widened very much. I still listen to some country, but much of it annoys me.