Music Banter - View Single Post - Depression and suicide
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 01:57 PM   #255 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank The Drifter View Post
Ugh, suicide is a very touchy subject. I have seen what suicide can do to a family, so I see it from this prospective. However, I also know that people just want out for whatever reason and are miserable. Some people don't think it out enough and just decide to do it and go through with it. Some people don't want help though and those people, much like a non-cooperative addict doesn't wanna get clean, don't want to live. So while I think its selfish for someone to end their life and make their family miserable, I also think its selfish for a family to want someone to continue living that has no desire too. I don't know honestly, this is a subject that's just lose-lose really.
That's basically my view. I think it should be a case by case basis. My aunt's husband killed himself leaving her alone to raise two really little children, and I think that was pathetic of him, but that's not representative of every situation. And to be honest I never even knew the guy, so I can't even really give an intelligent opinion of his situation either.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.