Music Banter - View Single Post - What Is It About Music That You Like? (Read first post!)
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 04:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

My answers might interest some people here. I know I've enjoyed what I've read so far!

Favourite Genres
Jazz, Pop, Progressive Rock

What attracts me to music
Through music, I feel I can in some ways feel the fabric of existence itself, or gain insight into experiences and feelings that may not occur normally for me in everyday life.

To be honest, I don't think people should prioritize listening to music because it's relevant to your life. Arguably, such an approach limits you and your capacity to appreciate other ideas. Rather, you should be listening to music because it lets you go beyond the confines of your day-to-day troubles. At least, those are my feelings about it.

Are you attracted to the same musical qualities now as then?
Growing up I listened to mostly classic rock, classical and occasionally whatever was getting buzz on the radio. I wasn't too picky nor interested in music as a youngster, so I didn't care either way. I got into jazz as a teen though, and from that point onward I began to realize I had a lot more interest in music that I had thought possible.

Since then (and also thanks to MusicBanter) I can now listen to and enjoy every genre in existence, and I'm open to pretty much anything that isn't obvious garbage like Nickelback.

It's been a long journey, and I've still got a long way to go.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.

Last edited by Anteater; 01-26-2011 at 06:00 PM.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote