Music Banter - View Single Post - Member Picture Gallery
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 08:08 PM   #15862 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
me and my nephew.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paloma View Post
so cute
And the baby isn't bad, either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
He's only 5ish weeks old so far Rezz, much as I love him I'm hopeless with kids. This photo was taken before he arched his back and started crying.
Babies do that, K. It has nothing to do with you. Half the time I had no clue what caused my baby to cry. You just try different things (food, burping, diaper change, floor time, close hugging, rocking, walking, lights off, stillness), and when nothing works you just sit there with a howling baby. After months of this, you kind of get used to it...and waking up every 2 hours round the clock.

I remember my mother-in-law once thought she knew what to do to soothe my crying baby, which was to give him a pacifier (she was always trying to undermine breastfeeding and felt I should give him pacifiers and bottles). Since I couldn't figure out what was upsetting the baby, I gave him to her to try her "magic." She attempted to use the pacifier for several minutes. My baby continued to howl. Defeated, she handed him back to me.

That was a glorious moment.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote