Music Banter - View Single Post - Member Picture Gallery
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 12:19 AM   #15895 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
I'd prefer a tit to a nook any day.
As would I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_k View Post
It's always a glorious moment to pwn your mother in law LD
How true! At least I didn't gloat openly over the glory. I recognized that it takes guts to admit one is wrong, and my mother-in-law did admit defeat. I know she just wanted to help because she felt that I was doing something wrong.

Yet she was exasperated by my constant refusal to give my baby a pacifier, because by not doing what *she* did as a mother implied criticism of her choices. Her exasperation and reluctance to acknowledge other ways of doing things aren't necessarily wrong got disappointing after a while, especially since I knew many valid reasons to avoid conditioning babies to use pacifiers instead of suckle their mom's breastmilk for nutrition and comfort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
that's the main reason babies aren't cute to me. I just picture them crying and having to wake up so many times during the night.
Oh yes, dj, babies cry, but waking up often to tend to a baby isn't bad, really. At least I got used to it and I *wanted* to help. Plus when you care for a baby you get to experience sunny, happy baby moments, too. Babies aren't howling *constantly*!

For example, since this is the member picture gallery, here are two pictures of Half-Me. Biased as I may be, I still think Half-Me was pretty darn cute! I adored him...tears, smiles, poop and all:

Half-Me:

Me and Half-Me:
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote