Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Musical Stages of Life
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 12:33 PM   #22 (permalink)
Kinda Blue
Music Addict

Okay, let's see...

4-7/8
80s pop. I found this "Fantastic 80s" compilation album we had at home and for the first time I started to enjoy to music. I had no idea what Wham! and Rick Astley were saying, but it didn't stop me from singing along! Later I, by chance, found this cassette with Billy Joel's River Of Dreams on it. It was lying out in the car, and whenever I was sitting in the passenger's seat, I played it. My parents must have really hated it after a while.

8-12
I discovered soul music, and southern soul has remained one of my favorite genres of music until this very day. I mean, could there be anything more awesome than In The Midnight Hour, Knock On Wood, Stand By Me and (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay? No way! My parents also bought me a Ray Charles compilation album, and, as you can see on my last.fm page, he's still one of my favorite artists.

12-15
Nothing much happened, really. I started to listen to some classic rock and stuff.

15 (a year ago) - present
My interest in music really started growing. Before Christmas 2009 I decided to start being more of an album-oriented listener. And so I also came to the conclusion that I should start to collect my own CDs. Since then my taste in music has expanded a lot, I listen to a lot of jazz and classical music as well. Still, there's lots of music for me to discover. Electronic music, for instance, is a genre I have absolutely no clue about.