Music Banter - View Single Post - Hip Hop Poll: Round 1, Poll G
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 05:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
Jester
Music Addict

I'm just saying, these polls are as pointless as spam threads.

If we're meant to vote for/defend who we think the best on the list is, then voting Zion I or Themselves over Ghost or De La Soul is just wrong--I don't care if people have personal favorites, but that doesn't mean you should be biased in voting and discount the fact that Ghostface and De La have done a lot more for the art than Zion I or Themselves (well, I have a lot of respect for DoseOne and Jel, but still). Yeah, they're just opinions. Sorry I can't have the opinion that someone else's opinion is laughable or questionable.

And if the point of the polls is just for people to vote for their personal favorites... What the fuck? How is no one else seeing what a retarded waste of space that is? There's no basis for real discussion or ideas, we're just going to click a button and post which one we clicked, and there's really not even a point for discussion or anything, because everything will lead back to the same bullshit: it's my opinion and there's nothing you can do about it.

tl;dr version: All of these polls suck, and it would be funny if it wasn't so subtly tragic.