Music Banter - View Single Post - This I Believe There is / is not a God
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 10:25 AM   #714 (permalink)
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra
\/ GOD

In all fairness, there is a basic set of laws that seem to be constant in the universe. Science is very strict on these. If you know the difference from a theory, and a law, and exactly how constant a rule has to be before it's a law, you'll understand that these are pretty well established principles.

Who is going to argue that an atom is not constructed of electrons, neutrons, and protons? Who is going to argue that when something is in a field of gravity that it'll have a force attempting to pull it down? Who is going to argue that motion doesn't create heat, and energy?

My point isn't that the universe is following the rules. My point is that the universe IS the rules, and albeit you can only say they're constant on Earth, and under the broad perception of scientific minds.

When you want to measure a mile, you have to at least trust your measuring tape. Sure, it could be 3/4 of an inch off, or that an inch may not really be an inch by a manufacturer's miscalculation, but it probably isn't. If you sit around being paranoid about the instrument of measurement, you're not going to get anything done in terms of discovery.
Terence Hill, as recently confirmed during an interview to an Italian TV talk-show, was offered the role but rejected it because he considered it "too violent". Dustin Hoffman and John Travolta declined the role for the same reason. When Al Pacino was considered for the role of John Rambo, he turned it down when his request that Rambo be more of a madman was rejected.
Al Pacino = God
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra is offline   Reply With Quote