Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 06:13 PM   #7102 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
I am saying I value humans more than animals because we are capable of comprehension and understanding on a level that animals are not. We are more complex intellectually than they are.
We've already had this argument before and you didn't get the point the last time either, but I do hope you dare to empathize with what some of these people are saying, if only to catch a glimpse of how childishly moronic your position on this is. No offense... I'm talking about the logic of your position.

It's very much reminding of a kid in kindergarten thinking he's better because he has more toys than another kid.

The idea is to see things in a larger perspective than simply "if it benefits me". If humans were the ONLY thing in existence, excluding even the ground we put our feet on, then you could argue your point with better reception... but most of us are enlightened enough to know that superiority doesn't (or shouldn't) lie in who has more of what, ESPECIALLY when it's mainly being used solely for the benefit of the source.

That screams more of stupidity to me. You'd think that after all this evolution and how intelligent we've gotten, we'd place more importance on the world as a whole instead of merely our own species. If we're not intelligent enough to realize we don't have to devalue everything around us in order to thrive, then we definitely don't have a right to call ourselves "superior".
Seems to me, a superior species would think of these things.

You sure aren't betraying any such inclination...
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote