Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 09:28 PM   #2788 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
Back from my SNES games renting days, I remember Earthworm Jim mainly as being bloody hard. I didn't like it much.

Jans, I guess you've checked out classics like Zelda : A Link to the Past or Super Metroid already? Starwing (or Starfox) and Super Mario World 2 are also worth a look if you haven't yet.
I don't have any of those actually. It's a funny thing with me, I played all these Atari and NES games when I was a kid because I owned those two consoles but I was kind of outgrowing video games by the time SNES and Genesis/Mega Drive came out and never owned either of those so I only had a small amount of exposure to those games. I didn't get back into playing video games really until about two years ago when I bought a Wii so it's been weird to look back at this big gap of time where I totally missed out on major developments in games.

Recently I've downloaded a bunch to my Wii and it's been pretty interesting. Some are games I played a lot as a kid, like Blaster Master or Arkanoid, but others are me filling in the gaps, like the games I already mentioned and Super Mario World. It's funny, I didn't even know there was a Super Mario World 2!

You're totally right about Earthworm Jim by the way, it's absurdly hard. I don't think I've even made it past the first level yet.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote