Music Banter - View Single Post - Thoughts on the Zeitgeist Movement
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 05:54 AM   #57 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

You're banging on about how money doesn't work as if its self evident. Its worked for thousands of years and crisis relating to it have come and go. I'd say thats good evidence it does, in fact, work.

If you're going to hinge your argument on that assertion you should probably explain exactly how it is a system that has worked for thousands of years, doesn't work.

Also, you should probably look up the definition of fiat currency, as it seems you don't fully understand how currency has worked in recent history.

Edit: Also, the last case of Hyper-Inflation was Zimbabwe, a country with corrupt government and a hideously poor way of life even BEFORE its economy collapsed. Its hardly a damning indightment of monetary systems, its a comment on the incompetence of its government.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote