Music Banter - View Single Post - Movie Club
Thread: Movie Club
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 08:11 AM   #8 (permalink)
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra
\/ GOD

OK, here's the process of what I'm thinking:

A) Since I'm a not a moderator I cannot actively delete other people's topics. I also want to keep things as uncluttered as humanly possible. So, that means, I want nominations done entirely through PM. From here, I will put them on a master list. This list will show up as something like this:

Quote:
Contributer 1:
Movie Name
IMDB Link
Short paragraph written by contributer describing pick

Contributer 2:
Movie Name
IMDB Link
Short paragraph written by contributer describing pick
B) There will be a cap of 5 movies eligible for voting at any time. There may be more movies than this, but for voting only 5.

C) Voting is done in a voting thread. Essentially, this thread will be nothing but "Vote: Movie Title", and with the help of a mod, hopefully be cleared every time a movie is picked. There will be no poll.

D) Once a movie hits 5 votes, or remains in the lead for at least 3 consecutive days, that movie wins. This is a way to keep the club open, and allow people to jump in, and out, at any point in time. No need to maintain a 'members list'. This rule may change if the participants are more/less than anticipated.

E) A discussion thread will be opened when a movie is picked. You may discuss these as much as you like. I'm hoping to keep the discussion open for 4 days before another is voted on.

Sounds good? The nominations can start now. As stated above, through PM, but also as replies to this thread at the moment(I mean, until we get the ball rolling). Personally, I would like to start off by nominating Carrie Since I downloaded it, but haven't watched it yet, but hear it's utterly amazing.
Terence Hill, as recently confirmed during an interview to an Italian TV talk-show, was offered the role but rejected it because he considered it "too violent". Dustin Hoffman and John Travolta declined the role for the same reason. When Al Pacino was considered for the role of John Rambo, he turned it down when his request that Rambo be more of a madman was rejected.
Al Pacino = God
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra is offline   Reply With Quote